This is where I hope I will record my life. And by life, I mostly mean creatively; expressing my love for all things that excite me, recording the adventures I go on and taking encouraging myself to take photos of every adventure and exploration I go on and just generally create my own little archive on the internet. Cliché, I know. Just as I know that it is impossible to write an introduction without it being incredibly awkward, so I guess I’ll just have to stick through this.
I’ve always enjoyed the idea of writing, but it’s never been something I’ve felt that I have been particularly good at. That is why so many ideas for stories have been scrapped, my many previous attempts at blogs have been deleted and diaries abandoned. This brings about the question, ‘Why try again?’ I guess i’m just optimistic that one day it will stick and I will be able to convert my enjoyment of the idea into an enjoyment of the reality (I think I just threw up in my mouth, that was the most awful cheesy things I have said, possibly ever).
Now the rambling from my deep and philosophical mind must come to an end (please note the sarcasm), as I move onto the fun ‘here’s a few things about myself section’. I think I’ll just settle with 5 facts of varying excitement:
- My full name is Jessica Lucy Downie, and I was born June 19th 1998 (making me 17 at the time of writing this)
- I live in England and have done so all my life, I was born in London and moved to Hertfordshire when I was two. Then I was joined by my two younger siblings.
- I am a graphic design fanatic – plan on doing it at university next year and to be frank I am a fanatic of all art and design forms which often leads to me being considered incredibly pretentious/hipster/geeky when I spurt my excitement and knowledge all over my friends.
- I played Alice from Alice in Wonderland in my school play when I was 11 years old, and to this day I have always felt a very strong connection to the story and character. I’m never sure whether this should be concerning or not since i’ve learnt the context of the story. This also sparked my enthusiasm for drama, I absolutely love the theatre darling.
- My favourite colour is ultramarine blue. I realise how pretentious that sounds, it’s just a great shade of blue.
Now that the important stuff is out of the way, I can now try to keep this going and not mess things up.